The Best Bread Recipes? You Make the Decision
There is nothing like fresh homemade bread and these two will fill your home with all those lovely baking flavors so typical of bread baking.
Moist Potato Tea Bread
What You Need:
* 1 C of flour
* 1/2 t baking soda
* 1/4 t salt
* 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
* 1 C cold sweet potatoes, mashed
* 1/2 C sugar
* 3 T canola oil
* 2 T of buttermilk
* 1 t vanilla extract
* 1 large egg
How to Make It:
1. Place the oven temperature on 350 degrees and allow the oven to preheat.
2. Lightly spray a loaf pan with a non stick cooking spray.
3. Dust the loaf pan lightly with flour and tap out any excess.
4. Place the flour into a mixing bowl.
5. Add the baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice.
6. Whisk together until the ingredients are blended well.
7. Place the mashed sweet potatoes into a separate mixing bowl.
8. Sprinkle the sugar over the top of the potatoes.
9. Pour the oil, buttermilk and the vanilla into the mixture.
10. Break the egg into the mixture then whisk until blended together well.
11. Transfer the sweet potato mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture.
12. Stir just enough to moisten the dry ingredients through.
13. Place the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
14. Bake 28 minutes or until a butter knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
15. Cool the loaf in the pan on a wire rack for 12 minutes.
16. Invert the pan over a wire rack and allow the loaf to cool 1 hour before serving.
Serves: 1 loaf
Sweet potatoes make breads very moist so there’s no need for the extra butter or oil. Sweet potatoes are also a great source of beta carotene along other nutrients making them a healthy choice any time of year. Pumpkin can be used in place the sweet potatoes if you prefer.
The vegetables in this best bread recipe make it a very healthy bread to treat your family with.
Farmer’s Country Loaf
What You Need:
* 1 C warm water (110 degrees)
* 2 1/2 t active dry yeast
* 1 1/2 t salt
* 1 1/2 C + 2 T bread flour
How to Make It:
1. Pour the warm water into a mixing bowl.
2. Sprinkle the yeast over the top of the water.
3. Allow the mixture to stand 5 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
4. Once the mixture begins to bubble, stir in the salt and the flour until well blended.
5. Use a flexible rubber spatula and knead the dough by folding it over and pushing it into the bottom of the bowl.
6. Knead the dough 4 times.
7. Sprinkle the remaining flour over the dough and continue to knead the dough as directed above for 5 minutes or until the dough is spongy.
8. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and push the dough into a ball shape.
9. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel, place in a warm area and allow the dough to rise 1 hour.
10. Use the rubber spatula and stir the dough. Cover again and allow the dough to rise for another hour.
11. Sprinkle a flat surface lightly with flour.
12. Place the dough onto the floured surface and form a loaf.
13. Use additional flour on the board if the dough becomes too sticky.
14. Sprinkle a baking sheet with flour in an area about double the size of the loaf.
15. Place the loaf on the floured area, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let the dough rise 1 hour or until it is double in size.
16. Set the oven temperature to 375 and allow the oven to preheat.
17. Remove the plastic wrap from the loaf.
18. Fill a spray bottle with water and spray the inside of the oven with the water.
19. Bake the bread 5 minutes then spray the oven again being careful not to spray the bread.
20. Bake the bread 12 minutes then spray the oven again.
21. Continue baking the bread 12 more minutes or until the bread is browned and crusty on top.
22. Allow the bread to cool on a wire rack 1 hour before slicing.
Serves: 1 loaf
This is a wonderful bread to serve with that Easter dinner. Be sure to have plenty of butter or better yet apple butter to smother each slice with.
This is truly one of our best bread recipes. Do not be afraid of the yeast. It is easier than you think. If you wish you can add one teaspoon of sugar to your dough, with your yeast, it will make the raising process faster; I often do it when I’m in a hurry. I also place the bread in any warm place I can find. I have a friend who places it in her bed, under the duvet, with the electric blanket switched on!! Can you believe it?
Okay, so now you have two of our best bread recipes, what do you think of them?
About the Author
Spoil your family and friends! Get more tasty and easy holiday recipes on Hendrika’s blog
Hendrika’s Easy Holiday Recipes.
You can also get even more on the site
All Our Recipes & More
. Go there now and have a look.